Khmer General Education:
We are using the national curriculum from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. However, our school implements “Project-Based Learning” in sets of modules that focus on knowledge, skills, and character development for our students. The goals of our curriculum:
- to teach academic content knowledge and skills, and develop deeper understanding
- build 21st century success skills such as: critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration and creativity/innovation
So in our school, students are not just memorizing lessons but applying them to projects and presentations.
Spectrum English Curriculum
- We are currently using Spectrum Curriculum from Carson Dellosa Education, USA.
- Our curriculum focuses on English Language Arts with 4 different skills components: Writing, Reading, Listening, and Speaking skills.
- In our English program, we include arts, drama, science–based project–based activities as well as computer skills.
- Spectrum curriculum is aligned with the common core curriculum standards in America.
Makerspace & STEAM
This year our students are learning to explore their own creativity in our Makerspace Labs where students are presented with real life problems where they get to create their own solutions. Our focus for the year is Venture Development where students will work to create their own micro businesses, creating products or solutions to fix issues in Cambodia and globally. Students will also be introduced to Arduino Kits in their science and technology labs.
NOTE: Students must complete our assessment tests then we will put the children into the respective levels.