In our school, we are offering an Elementary program for Grades 1-6.
- Parents can choose between a half-day or full-day program.
- For half day program, parents choose between 1. Khmer General Education or 2. Spectrum English Program.
- For full-day program, students will study both programs.
Khmer General Education:
We are using the national curriculum from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. However, our school implements “Project-Based Learning” in sets of modules that focus on knowledge, skills, and character development for our students. The goals of our curriculum:
- to teach academic content knowledge and skills, and develop deeper understanding
- build 21st century success skills such as: critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration and creativity/innovation
So in our school, students are not just memorizing lessons but applying them to projects and presentations.
Spectrum English Curriculum
- We are currently using Spectrum Curriculum from Carson Dellosa Education, USA.
- Our curriculum focuses on English Language Arts with 4 different skills components: Writing, Reading, Listening, and Speaking skills.
- In our English program, we include arts, drama, science–based project–based activities as well as computer skills.
- Spectrum curriculum is aligned with the common core curriculum standards in America. We currently have 6 levels from beginner to advanced level, which suits students in the respective grades.
NOTE: Students must complete our assessment tests then we will put the children into the respective levels.